We are pleased to announce the release of Productive use of Renewable Energy (PURE) tool for assessing irrigation potential in Micro Hydro Plants of Nepal.
PURE tool developed in collaboration between ICIMOD and AEPC, is a multi-criteria assessment geospatial tool for scoping the potential of productive use of renewable energy in enterprises. It analyses the site characteristics and uses the ecosystem-based approach (EBA) (EBA) framework to evaluate renewable energy opportunities in enterprises.
PURE is a low-cost pre-assessment decision support tool that allows understanding of the required ecosystem for enterprises to –
- Capture, analyze and manage information for evidence-based decision making on RE interventions and develop programs
- Improve communication & transparency on developing and implementing RE programs
- Support to planning, budgeting, prioritizing RE programs on productive end use
- Multi-sector assessment to understand the nexus linkages
- Saves time and cost on program development
 Definition: inter-connected parameters contributing to the success of enterprises, including enabling policy, skill development, partnerships, finance, infrastructure, and technology choices