Roles and Responsibilities
AEPC was set up to promote the use of alternative/renewable energy technologies to meet the energy needs in Nepal. Acting as an intermediary institution between the operational level NGOs/private promoters of renewable energy and the policy decision levels in relevant ministries, AEPC's activities include renewable energy policy formulation, planning and facilitating the implementation of the policies/plans.
The main roles and responsibilities of AEPC are as follows:
- Work as the national focal agency for Alternative/Renewable energy
- Short, medium and long term policy and plan formulation.
- Promotion of RET development programmes.
- Standardization, quality assurance and monitoring.
- Service and support.
- Subsidy and financial assistance delivery.
- Co-ordination with various government organization, development partners, NGOs/INGOs and the private sector.
- Monitoring, evaluation and quality control
- Strengthening AEPC and its partners.
- Work on Climate Change and Carbon Emission Reduction
- Work on Energy Efficiency